Economic Development Grant Program
The CRPUD Economic Development Grant Program is designed to promote investment in long-term economic development and growth of business and industry in our service area for the benefit of the local community and our customers. It is available to nonprofit corporations for projects meeting certain considerations and requirements.
Print the Program Materials
- Economic Development Grant Program Guidelines
- Economic Development Grant Program Application Form
- Economic Development Grant Program Frequently Asked Questions
Grants Awarded – 2018
- St. Helens Economic Development Corporation (SHEDCO) was awarded a grant for its Business Development Competition.
- St. Helens Senior Center was awarded a grant to expand the sales floor at Top Notch Thrift Store.
Evaluation & Award Process
The CRPUD Economic Development Grant Committee will review your application to determine whether it complies with our program requirements. The committee may reach out to you if additional information is needed. After review, the committee will forward only qualified applications to the CRPUD Board of Directors (the Board) for consideration.
Only the Board can award grants under this program. Please understand that even if your organization qualifies and is eligible for a grant, the Board in its sole discretion decides whether or not to award a grant, and the Board can deny or reject grant proposals for any reason. Applicants should not rely on any expectation that a grant will be awarded. This is a voluntary program, and there is no right to a grant, even if an organization qualifies.
You will be notified if your grant proposal is approved by the Board. You will also be notified if your application does not meet our program requirements, or if the Board declines to award a grant for your proposal. Applicants should be aware that grant applications and proposals will be public records and that the details of the proposals may be discussed in a public board meeting. At its discretion, CRPUD may request changes to the terms of a grant proposal at any time before funds are awarded.
Considerations and Requirements for Award Selection
- The applicant must identify specific business and industry within CRPUD territory that would grow as a result of a requested grant being awarded.
- The applicant must identify how CRPUD Customers would benefit directly and indirectly from a requested grant being awarded.
- The applicant must identify how the local economy in CRPUD territory would grow as a result of a requested grant being awarded.
- The applicant must identify how the growth of business and industry within CRPUD territory would benefit primarily CRPUD Customers, as opposed to other interested parties and stakeholders.
- The applicant must articulate compelling reasons why public resources should be used for proposed economic growth and expansion or addition of local business and industry.
- Individual grants are limited to $7,500 and may not exceed one-half of the total project costs that are actually and reasonably incurred.
- Organizations may receive up to $15,000 in grants in any five-year period.
- Grants may be provided only to nonprofit corporations.
- Grant recipients must agree that funds will be used only for the purposes and activities described in the grant application, and that any and all unused or excess funds will be returned to CRPUD.
- Nonprofit corporations are ineligible if any CRPUD Board Member or employee, or any immediate family member of any CRPUD Board Member or employee, is a member, director, officer, or employee of the corporation who receives remuneration from the corporation. For the purposes of this program, “immediate family members” are parents, stepparents, siblings, spouses, children, and stepchildren.
- Grant recipients must agree to submit regular progress reports to CRPUD and must agree that CRPUD personnel may perform intermittent reviews and onsite project inspections.
- Upon project completion, verification of costs and a final report must be submitted to CRPUD.
For More Information
Administration & Public Relations Supervisor
Community & Public Relations Specialist
Fill out the form below, or download and complete this application in PDF format.