Ductless Heat Pumps
- Ductless Heat Pump Information Printout (PDF)
- Ductless Heat Pump Rebate Application and Program Information (PDF)
- Homeowners Guide to Ductless Heating & Cooling (PDF)
Quiet, easy to use, and energy efficient, ductless heat pumps provide heating at a fraction of the cost of electric baseboard and wall heaters. They also provide cooling to keep your home comfortable year-round.
Ductless systems distribute warm or cool air quietly and evenly, making your living areas more comfortable. Installing a ductless system is low-cost and easy, which makes them an excellent option for replacing or supplementing existing electric systems.
Each ductless system consists of an outside unit and one or more inside “heads” that serves zones in your home. Find out where to shop for a ductless heat pump, or stop by our office to see a display model.
This program is available to residential PUD customers who meet the following requirements:
- Single family homes with electric heat such as wall heaters, baseboards, or a forced air furnace. If your home has a heat pump, please contact us for eligibility.
- Homes with other heating types may qualify on a case-by-case basis. Contact our Energy Experts to see if your home qualifies.
- The ductless heat pump must be on the Qualified Products List and be installed by a participating installer.
PUD Rebates – Existing Homes with Electric Heat
$800 rebate for approved installations in single-family site-built, manufactured, or floating homes.
PUD Rebates – New Construction
$500 rebate for approved installations in new site-built homes.
Ductless Heat Pumps Have 3 Main Parts
- An indoor unit is mounted on a wall.
- An outdoor unit sits on a concrete pad on the ground.
- A remote control is used to adjust the temperature.
The indoor and outdoor units are connected by a small bundle of cables, including a refrigerant line, that requires a 3-inch hole in the wall for installation.
How They Work
Ductless systems extract heat from the air and use it to warm your home. This is more efficient than standard electric heaters, which create their own heat.
Ductless heat pumps can also reverse the process to cool your home.
Find a Contractor
Contractor Forms & Information
- Installation Best Practices (PDF)
- Approved Ductless Equipment List (Click on the Qualified Products List)
- Rebate Assignment Form (PDF)
Expert Help Available
We partner with Efficiency Services Group (ESG) to bring you this rebate program. Call ESG at (888) 883-9879 or email ESG to start your project.
Use this chart (PDF) to compare the cost of common heating systems producing the same amount of heat. It can help you decide which heating system is right for you.