Air Source Heat Pumps
A heat pump keeps your energy bills low and your house comfortable, year-round. Our Air Source Heat Pump Program provides rebates and quality assurance to Columbia River People’s Utility District (PUD) customers who install qualified heat pump systems. Learn more by reading our Air Source Heat Pump Eligibility Flyer (PDF).
- All PUD residential customers may participate in this rebate program.
- The heat pump may be installed in an existing home, or as part of new construction.
- Heat pumps that are installed by participating contractors that meet Performance Tested Comfort Systems (PTCS) criteria will qualify for the rebate. PTCS is a series of diagnostic tests designed to ensure that your new heat pump system performs optimally.
- For homes with ducts in an unconditioned space, duct sealing is required for the rebate.
Rebate Amounts – Air Source Heat Pumps
|Heat Pump Upgrade Type||Rebate Amount|
|Variable speed heat pumps replacing electric furnaces||$2,100*|
|High-efficiency heat pumps replacing electric furnaces||$1,900*|
|Variable speed heat pumps||$900*|
|High-efficiency heat pumps||$700*|
|Heat pump commissioning and controls||$500*|
|Duct sealing available for site-built homes with electric heat||$250|
|Duct sealing available for manufactured homes with electric heat||$200|
- High-efficiency heat pumps must have a Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) of 9.0 and a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) of 14.0 or higher.
- *An additional rebate of $200 to $250 is available if duct sealing work is required.
- To find a local contractor, search our list of PTCS contractors (PDF)
- View our complete list of all PTCS contractors
- View our Home Heating Guide (PDF).
- Compare the cost of common heating systems (PDF) producing the same amount of heat.
The rebate application for an air source heat pump must be obtained from and submitted to the Efficiency Services Group (ESG) by your contractor. Call ESG at (888) 883-9879 or email ESG to start your project or to ask any questions.