Air Source Heat Pumps
A heat pump keeps your energy bills low and your house comfortable, year-round. Our Air Source Heat Pump Program provides rebates and quality assurance to PUD customers who install qualified heat pump systems.
- All PUD residential customers may participate in this rebate program.
- The heat pump may be installed in an existing home, or as part of new construction.
- Heat pumps that are installed by participating contractors that meet Performance Tested Comfort Systems (PTCS) criteria will qualify for the rebate. PTCS is a series of diagnostic tests designed to ensure that your new heat pump system performs optimally.
- For homes with ducts in an unconditioned space, duct sealing is required for the rebate.
Rebate Amounts – Air Source Heat Pumps
|Heat Pump Upgrade Type||Rebate Amount|
|Variable speed heat pumps replacing electric furnaces||$2,100*|
|High-efficiency heat pumps replacing electric furnaces||$1,900*|
|Variable speed heat pumps||$900*|
|High-efficiency heat pumps||$700*|
|Heat pump commissioning and controls||$500*|
|Duct sealing available for site-built homes with electric heat||$250|
|Duct sealing available for manufactured homes with electric heat||$200|
- High-efficiency heat pumps must have HSPF of 9.0 & SEER of 14.0 or higher.
- *An additional rebate of $200-$250 is available if duct sealing work is required.
Find a Contractor
- To find a local contractor, search our list of PTCS contractors (PDF)
- View a complete list of all PTCS contractors
Contractor Forms & Information
- PTCS Heat Pump Certification Form (PDF)
- PTCS Duct Sealing Certification Form (PDF)
- Prescriptive Duct Sealing Form (PDF)
- Air Source Heat Pump Installation Specification (PDF)
- Heat Pump Sizing Calculator (Zipped Excel File)
- Rebate Assignment Form (PDF) (PDF File 192kb)
Expert Help Available
We partner with Efficiency Services Group (ESG) to bring you this rebate program. Call ESG at (888) 883-9879 or email ESG to start your project.