Are you paying to heat your home or your crawl space? If your ducts are leaky, you might be doing both. Our duct sealing program can help you find and fix leaky ducts.
If your ducts are leaky, sealing them will cut energy waste, improve air quality, and lower your energy bills, and you can earn a PUD rebate for the project.
- All PUD customers with forced air electric furnaces or heat pump systems are eligible.
- Your home may be a site-built dwelling or a manufactured home.
- Duct sealing projects that are completed by a Performance Tested Comfort Systems (PTCS) Certified Residential Air Distribution Systems Technician will qualify for this rebate.
About Duct Sealing
Your air ducts are one of the most important systems in your home, and if the ducts are poorly sealed they are likely to leak. In homes with forced-air heating and cooling systems, ducts are used to distribute conditioned air throughout the house. In a typical home, however, about 20 to 30 percent of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes, and poorly connected ducts.
Duct Sealing Incentives
Quality Assurance – PTCS technicians have been trained to identify duct system problems and ways to fix them.
Rebate – We offer rebates to customers who have their duct systems sealed and certified by a PTCS Certified Technician. Rebate amounts are $250 for site-built homes with electric heat, and $200 for manufactured homes with electric heat.
Step By Step: Duct Sealing
- Request proposals. Contact a qualifying contractor to arrange for a home consultation. For your convenience, here is a list of local contractors, and here is a complete list of contractors.
- Complete the work. Select a contractor and authorize them to perform the work.
- Have a follow-up visit. When the work is done, the contractor will submit documentation to us for approval. We will contact you to arrange for a quality assurance visit.
- Receive your rebate. We will process your rebate within 3-4 weeks of completing the quality assurance visit and receiving all the required paperwork.