New Construction Lighting
Energy efficient lighting can lower monthly energy costs, increase sales, and improve employee productivity. Choosing efficient lighting during the construction process can also improve the value of your new facility.
Our New Construction Lighting Program for Businesses offers a cash incentive to owners and leaseholders of new commercial and industrial facilities for installing lighting that is more efficient than code requires.
New commercial and industrial facilities served by Columbia River PUD are eligible for this program. Projects must result in at least a 20% reduction in wattage over code requirements.
- Confirm Eligibility – Contact us to discuss your new construction project.
- Submit Lighting Information – Submit your project’s COMcheck Lighting Power calculations. This is typically completed by your architect or electrician.
- Sign a Project Agreement – We will review your project eligibility and send you an agreement to sign before installation begins.
- Complete Installation – Proceed with construction, and notify us upon completion. Submit a completed lighting rebate application form. We will conduct an inspection to verify that the proposed fixtures and quantities were installed.
- Receive Your Rebate – We will process your rebate once your project has passed inspection.
The rebate amount is $0.18 per kilowatt-hour projected to be saved annually when compared to lighting that meets minimum energy code requirements.
Get Expert Help
If you are planning construction of a new facility, contact us at (503) 366-5470 or
firstname.lastname@example.org for help with energy efficient lighting and HVAC systems.