Commercial Kitchen and Refrigeration Programs
If your business is involved in food preparation or the sale of refrigerated food products, these energy efficiency programs can help reduce energy use to improve your bottom line.
Free Pre-Rinse Spray Wash Valves
We have a limited supply of free pre-rinse spray wash valves available to customers whose facilities have a commercial dishwasher that is regularly used every day of business. These valves are easy to install and can save water as well as energy used to heat the water.
Commercial Food Service Equipment Rebates
We offer rebates for several high-efficiency commercial types of kitchen equipment in existing buildings and in new construction. All equipment must be new and meet minimum efficiency requirements:
|Electric Commercial Steamers||$50-$200/steamer||ENERGY STAR®|
|Hot Food Holding Cabinets||$75-$200/cabinet||ENERGY STAR|
|Electric Combination Ovens||$500/oven||ENERGY STAR
Oven capacity must be
between 6 and 20 pans
|Electric Convection Ovens||$300/oven||ENERGY STAR|
|Commercial Electric Fryers||$300/fryer||ENERGY STAR|
Demand Controlled Kitchen Ventilation
We offer rebates of $200-$400/fan horsepower to install equipment on new or existing exhaust hoods in existing commercial businesses. This measure saves energy by reducing the exhaust fan speed during times of low activity or demand.
To be eligible for the rebate, it must:
- Be installed in a zone that contains a kitchen.
- Control the primary ventilation and make-up air units in the zone.
- Utilize one or more control sensors to modify the fan speeds.
A Project Information Form must be completed and submitted.
Commercial Refrigeration Measures
We offer incentives for energy efficiency measures installed in existing commercial facilities that have refrigeration equipment, including the following measures:
- LED lighting in reach-in and open refrigerated display cases
- LED motion sensors for reach-in refrigerated display cases
- Anti-Sweat Heater Controls on reach-in glass doors in coolers and freezers
- Floating Head Pressure Control on single compressor systems
- Compressor Head Cooling Fan – Shaded Pole to Electronically Commutated Motors (ECM)
- Walk-in or Display Case Evaporator Fan Motor – Shaded Pole to ECM
- Walk-in Evaporator ECM Fan Speed Control – Constant to Variable
- Door Gasket Replacement for Walk-In and Reach-In Coolers and Freezers
- Strip Curtains for Walk-In Coolers and Freezers
For More Information
For more information about these measures, please contact our Energy Experts at (503) 366-5470 or email@example.com.