Columbia River PUD’s commercial window replacement program will help make energy efficiency improvements to your facility that can increase your comfort, improve the value of your facility, and reduce energy costs. This guide will give you the information you need to start your own window upgrade project.
This program is available for commercial facilities that receive electric service from Columbia River PUD and have the following characteristics:
- Electrically heated
- Less than 20,000 square feet in size.
- Pre-existing windows that are single-pane, single-pane with storm windows, or double-pane metal framed windows.
Eligible Measures and Rebates
A window rebate of $3.00 per square foot of window area replaced is available. New windows must have a U-value of 0.30 or lower. All safety glass requirements must be met.
- Schedule an Assessment: Ask us for a free energy use assessment. We will inspect your facility, identify windows eligible for replacement, and provide you with a Project Information Form to complete. You must be present for the assessment; please allow 30 minutes for a thorough inspection.
- Get Bids: If you are hiring a contractor, request bids for the window replacements. We recommend that your obtain more than one bid if possible. If this will be a “Do-It-Yourself” project, get a cost estimate for the materials. Using the cost estimate, complete and submit the project application. *If work is completed by anyone other than a licensed contractor, the job will be considered “Do-It-Yourself” and PUD rebates will apply to materials only.
- Complete the Work: The PUD will notify you when your application has been approved. Proceed with the window installation, and notify us when it is complete. We will perform a quality assurance inspection and request a copy of the contractor invoice or, for “Do-It-Yourself” jobs, copies of the receipts for the materials.
- Receive your Rebate: We will pay your rebate once your project has passed inspection and we have received all the required documentation.