New ENERGY STAR Site-Built Homes
Now there’s a simple choice you can make that will give you greater savings, comfort and peace of mind… ENERGY STAR®. When you purchase an ENERGY STAR qualified home, you come home to improved comfort and lower energy bills.
PUD Rebates Available
We offer a $1,500 rebate for electrically heated ENERGY STAR certified homes built within our service territory. Homes with gas heat do not qualify for PUD rebates.
Download an information sheet for our ENERGY STAR Homes Program (PDF)
Features of ENERGY STAR Qualified Homes
To earn the ENERGY STAR label, leading builders are combining traditional craftsmanship with advanced technologies to build homes that are more comfortable, more durable and cost less to operate.
While many builders claim to build “energy efficient” homes, ENERGY STAR Home builders can prove it. These homes are performance tested and certified to confirm that the energy-efficient heating and cooling systems work as designed, the duct system is tightly sealed and that all requirements for the ENERGY STAR label in the Northwest have been met. That means your home will be comfortable and cost less to operate.
- Even temperatures from room to room. Well-sealed and tested duct systems reduce air leaks and help maintain even room temperatures.
- Performance tested. Before receiving the ENERGY STAR label, the home’s high-efficiency heating and cooling systems are inspected to verify proper installation for best performance.
- Warm water for less. High-efficiency water heaters have extra insulation to keep water in the tank hotter, longer.
- Clean savings. ENERGY STAR qualified dishwashers save 1,000 gallons of water each year.
- Bright ideas for every room. At least half of the lighting in an ENERGY STAR qualified home is ENERGY STAR qualified, using up to 75% less energy.
- A welcome view. ENERGY STAR qualified windows reduce heat flow for greater comfort and lower energy costs. Some brands even provide fade protection from the sun for furniture, carpet and drapes.
- Warmth and quiet. Increased insulation, properly installed, creates a living environment that’s quiet and comfortable.
- Peace of mind. That’s what you get when you purchase a home that has earned the ENERGY STAR. Peace of mind in knowing that you own a home that has been performance tested and inspected to confirm that the strict requirements of ENERGY STAR have been met.
For more information
To learn more about the benefits of ENERGY STAR Qualified New Homes, visit the ENERGY STAR website.