Thermostat Replacement Rebate Program
Line-voltage thermostats are used for zonal electric heating systems such as baseboards, wall heaters, and ceiling cables. Energy-efficient electronic thermostats are more accurate than mechanical thermostats and result in more even air temperature, increased comfort, and less energy waste. Learn more by reading our Thermostat Replacement Project Information Form (PDF).
This program is available to residential Columbia River customers who meet the following requirements:
- Your primary heat source is permanently installed zonal electric heat such as wall heaters or baseboards.
- All existing thermostats, except those in bathrooms, must be replaced with new, qualifying, line-voltage electronic thermostats.
We offer a rebate of $18 per thermostat when you replace all the line-voltage mechanical thermostats in your home with a qualifying electronic thermostat. We will process your rebate within 3 to 4 weeks of a satisfactory inspection.
Thermostats must meet the following specifications to qualify for the rebate. All thermostats shall:
- Be electronically heat anticipated
- Have a thermistor temperature sensing element accurate to within 1.5°F or better
- Have a digital display
- Be UL (Underwriters Laboratory) or CSA (Canadian Standards Association) listed for use with their application (i.e. fan-forced, baseboard, wall, or ceiling radiant heat)
In addition, programmable electronic thermostats shall:
- Maintain temperature and program settings during power failures
- Have a temporary override feature
See our list of PTCS contractors (PDF) who work in our service area.
Note: This list of local electricians is provided as a courtesy and is not an endorsement of their company. You are not required to use one of these electricians in order to qualify for a rebate.
We partner with Efficiency Services Group (ESG) to bring you this rebate program. Call ESG at (888) 883-9879 or email ESG to start your project.