Electrical Safety For Kids
Electricity is dangerous! Teach your kids the steps to take to remain safe:
- Stay away from substation fences, utility poles, and electrical equipment.
- Electricity and water don’t mix. Never touch anything electrical when you are wet or touching water.
- Never climb a tree when there are electrical wires near it.
- Fly kites in open fields – not near overhead power lines. If your kite gets caught in a power line, don’t try to get it untangled. Call us at (503) 397-1844.
- Don’t fly drones near power lines.
Visit the Kids’ Corner from The Electrical Safety Foundation International to learn more about electrical safety