Remind Kids About the Danger of Electricity
May is National Electrical Safety Month.
May 1, 2018 – Talk to your kids about these ways to stay safe around electricity:
- Stay away from substation fences, utility poles, and other electrical equipment.
- Always stay away from downed power lines.
- Keep fingers or other objects out of electric outlets and toasters.
- Electricity and water don’t mix. Never touch anything electrical when you are wet or touching water.
- Never climb a tree when there are electrical wires near it.
- Fly kites in open fields, not near overhead power lines. If your kite gets caught in a power line, don’t try to get it untangled. Call us at (503) 397-1844.
See more outdoor electric safety tips from Electrical Safety Foundation International on the reverse side.