Our Community Heroes are those people who go above and beyond to make our community a better place. The purpose of this program is to recognize and thank those who give their time and talents to make our community a wonderful place to live.
You can nominate individuals to be a Community Hero for many reasons. Some of our past Community Heroes have been selected for:
- Supporting veterans
- Advocating health awareness
- Beautifying the community
- Volunteering in schools
- Helping with pets and animals
Community Heroes will be selected quarterly. They will be featured in a short video explaining why they devote their time and energy to their cause. The person who nominates the Hero will also appear in the video explaining why they made their nomination.
2018 Community Heroes
2017 Community Heroes
- Shanna Duggan Who inspires you?
- Bob Bay Seniors making a difference
- Les Watters Community & economic development champion
- Scott Bauska Community gardens & community beautification volunteer
- Levi Norton Students helping in the community
- Ginny Carlson Helping those with special needs
- Christina Sullivan Community festival organizers
- Heather Hales Volunteering with pets & animals
- Columbia County Task Force Emergency responders
- Taryn Miller Health awareness advocate
- Alta Lynch Veterans supporter
- Cathy Lambert Community charity champion