Utility Worker/Apprentice Lineman
Working independently and collaboratively with others, this position plays an integral role in executing CRPUD’s mission, philosophy, and commitment to providing safe, reliable power to our community and exceptional service to our internal and external customers. All employees are also expected to maintain a high level of trust, integrity, and ethical standards.
Assist Journeyman Lineman in the construction and maintenance of the PUD’s electrical system.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with a basic understanding of electricity.
- Demonstrated competency with personal computers.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Class “A” commercial driver’s license with airbrake restriction removed. Other driving-related requirements may apply depending on the nature and scope of responsibilities associated with driving on behalf of CRPUD.
- Drug and alcohol test will be required prior to employment and on a random basis thereafter.
- Physical capacity testing and a pre-employment physical required prior to employment.
- Live within a 45-minute drive time of the PUD headquarters.
- Obtain and maintain Flagging Card.
- Obtain and maintain Forklift Certification.
- Obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Remain eligible to enter and become indentured into Apprenticeship program.
- Strong dedication and commitment to providing safe and reliable electric service to our customers.
- Memorandum to Applicants – Utility Worker/Apprentice Lineman
- Job Description – Utility Worker/Apprentice Lineman
- Veteran’s Preference (as applicable)
- CRPUD Employment Application – Please see note below
- Supplemental Questions – Utility Worker/Apprentice Lineman
- Additional Materials for Applicants
Note: Some web browsers don’t display fillable PDF forms correctly. If you see a message that says “Please Wait…” instead of seeing the employment application, right click on the link and save the file to your computer, then open it in Adobe Reader.
How to Apply
Complete and submit a CRPUD Employment Application, the Supplemental Questions for the Utility Worker/Apprentice Lineman, and Veteran’s Preference (as applicable) to:
Human Resources Department
Columbia River PUD
PO Box 1193
St Helens, OR 97051
Fax: (503) 397-5215
Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
If you require accommodation to participate in our application process, please contact Human Resources at (503) 397-1844. Columbia River PUD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, uniformed/military service or veterans’ status, marital status, use of the workers’ compensation system, expunged juvenile records, or any other protected status or activity in accordance with applicable law. Veteran’s preference is available by completing the Veteran’s Preference Form and providing the required supporting documentation.
- $30.77 per hour during six month introductory period. $33.45 per hour after six month introductory period.
- October 03, 2022, 5:30pm