Choice Energy Solar Rebates
Our Choice Energy Solar Program offers guidance, financial incentives and contractor lists for qualifying solar electricity systems.
Download Information Sheets
- Solar Energy Savings & Net Metering Explanation (PDF)
- Choice Energy Solar – Frequently Asked Questions
- Net Metering Application (PDF)
- Net Metering Interconnection Agreement (PDF)
- Net Metering Certificate of Completion (PDF)
- Rebate Assignment Form (PDF)
Estimate Solar System Cost & Payback Time
Curious what a solar system might cost, or what the payback time might be? Use this calculator to find out. Note: The PUD’s residential electric rate is 7.04¢/kWh, so be sure to use that figure instead of the default rate in the form.
We offer a $1,000 rebate for the installation of qualifying systems.
- You must be a PUD customer.
- The PUD must pre-approve all projects prior to installation.
- All systems must be tied to the electric grid and net metered.
- Systems must be installed by a qualified Oregon Department of Energy Solar Contractor.
- Self-installed systems do not qualify.
- Systems must be new.
- If you have questions about Choice Energy Solar, contact our Energy Experts at (503) 366-5470 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read a guide to solar from the Louisiana State University Agricultural Center.
SHHS Solar Project
In partnership with the PUD and Bonneville Environmental Foundation, St. Helens High School has installed a 1.1 kilowatt solar electric system. The project educates students and teachers about the functions and benefits of solar electric power while providing clean energy to help offset a portion of the school’s electric use.