Choice Energy Solar Power
Build your own clean power plant. Generate clean renewable energy by installing a solar electric or water heating system for your business. Investing in solar energy lowers your energy costs, while demonstrating your commitment to a better environmental future.
Our Choice Energy Solar program offers guidance, financial incentives and contractor lists for qualifying solar hot water and electricity systems.
Download Information Sheets
- Choice Energy Solar for Businesses - Information Sheet
- Choice Energy Solar - Frequently Asked Questions
- Net Metering Application
- Net Metering Interconnection Agreement
- Net Metering Certificate of Completion
- Solar Rebate Designation Form
- You must be a PUD customer.
- The PUD must pre-approve all projects prior to installation.
- All systems must be tied to the electric grid and net metered.
- Systems must be installed by a qualified Oregon Department of Energy solar contractor. Self-installed systems do not qualify.
- Systems must be new. Expansions to existing solar systems are not eligible.
Solar Electric Incentives
We offer two incentive levels for solar electric systems. Stand-alone systems qualify for a higher incentive amount. Systems that are installed as part of a group buying program, called a “Solarize” community, qualify for a lower incentive.
PUD Incentive - Not in a "Solarize" Community - $1.00/watt, up to $3,500 based on rated capacity of solar panels, in watts.
PUD Incentive - In a "Solarize" Community - $0.75/watt, up to $2,100 based on rated capacity of solar panels, in watts.
Solar Water Heating Incentives
PUD Incentive - $600 per qualified electric/solar water heating system.
Tax credits may be available. Consult your tax advisor for rules regarding tax credits.
Federal Tax Credits - For more information on Federal Tax Credits please visit www.energystar.gov.
To learn more about Choice Energy Solar, contact Tim Lammers at email@example.com or (503) 397-1855.