Download this information in Adobe PDF format.
A heat pump keeps your energy bills low and your house comfortable, year-round. Our Air Source Heat Pump Program provides rebates and quality assurance to PUD customers who install qualified heat pump systems.
- All PUD residential customers may participate in this rebate program.
- The heat pump may be installed in an existing home, or as part of new construction.
- Heat pumps that are installed by participating contractors that meet Performance Tested Comfort Systems (PTCS) criteria will qualify for the rebate. PTCS is a series of diagnostic tests designed to ensure that your new heat pump system performs optimally.
- For homes with ducts in an unconditioned space, duct sealing is required for the rebate.
Rebate Amounts - Air Source Heat Pumps
For high-efficiency heat pumps. The new heat pump must have an HSPF of at least 9.0 and a SEER of at least 14.0.
For standard efficiency heat pumps. Heat pumps with an HSPF less than 9.0 or a SEER less than 14.0 qualify.
Tax Credits for Heat Pumps
State and federal tax credits may be available. Visit www.energystar.gov or www.oregon.gov/energy for details.
Expert Help Available
Our Energy Experts can help you determine if an energy-efficient heat pump system is right for you. For more information contact them at (503) 366-5470 or email@example.com or read our Home Heating Guide.
- Request Proposals - Contact a participating PTCS certified contractor to arrange for a home consultation. For a list of local participating PTCS contractors, visit www.crpud.net/contractors. A complete list of all PTCS contractors can be found at https://ptcs.bpa.gov/FindContractor.aspx.
- Review Proposals - The contractor will visit your home and prepare a written proposal. A copy of the proposal will be given to you and another copy, which includes heat load calculations and other important information, will be sent to us for review. We will review the proposal and notify the contractor whether the system qualifies.
- Install the New System - The contractor will install your new heat pump according to PUD and manufacturer specifications, then forward installation documentation to us and PTCS for review. We will schedule an inspection of your new system and request copies of the installation documentation from you.
- Receive Your Rebate - We will process your rebate within three weeks of completing the inspection and receiving all the required paperwork.
Find a Contractor
For a list of local PTCS contractors, visit www.crpud.net/contractors. A complete list of all PTCS contractors can be found at https://ptcs.bpa.gov/FindContractor.aspx.
Contractor Forms & Information
Expert Help Available
We can help you choose the right heating system for your home. Call (503) 366-5470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with us, or to request a copy of our Home Heating Guide.