Air Source Heat Pumps
Download this information in Adobe PDF format.
A heat pump keeps your energy bills low and your house comfortable, year-round. Our Air Source Heat Pump Program provides rebates and quality assurance to PUD customers who install qualified heat pump systems.
- All PUD residential customers may participate in this rebate program
- The heat pump may be installed in an existing home, or as part of new construction
- Heat pumps must be installed by a Performance Tested Comfort Systems (PTCS) qualified contractor.
The heat pump dealers who participate in our program have agreed to install heat pump systems in accordance with PTCS criteria and the PUD’s rigid installation standards.
Rebate Amounts - Air Source Heat Pumps
For existing homes with electric furnaces. The new heat pump must have a Heating Season Performance Factor (HSPF) of at least 9.0 and a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) of at least 14.0.
For high-efficiency heat pumps in newly constructed homes, or in existing homes with other heat types. Thenew heat pump must have an HSPF of at least 9.0 and a SEER of at least 14.0.
For Standard efficiency heat pumps in new homes, or in existing homes with other heat types. Heat pumps with an HSPF less than 9.0 or a SEER less than 14.0 qualify.
Tax Credits for Heat Pumps
Expert Help Available
Our Energy Experts can help you determine if an energy-efficient heat pump system is right for you. For more information contact them at (503) 366-5470 or email@example.com or read our Home Heating Guide.
- Contact a participating dealer to arrange for a home consultation.
- The dealer will inspect your home and prepare a written proposal. A copy of the proposal will be given to you and another copy, which includes heat load calculations and other important information, will be sent to us for review.
- We will review the proposal and notify the dealer whether the system qualifies.
- The dealer will install your new system according to PUD and manufacturer specifications, then forward installation documentation to us for review.
- Upon receipt of the installation documentation, we will schedule an inspection of your new system. After a satisfactory inspection, we will send you a rebate check.
Participating Dealer List
These heat pump dealers have agreed to follow our rigid set of installation specifications. These specifications ensure high-quality installations that provide greater comfort and equipment longevity, with lower operating costs than typical installations. A complete list of PTCS certified installers can be found at ptcs.bpa.gov.
Carlson’s Heating & Air Conditioning
Columbia NW Heating
John Burger Heating & AC
Western Heating & Cooling
Contractor Forms & Information
- PTCS Heat Pump Certification Form
- PTCS Duct Sealing Certification Form
- Prescriptive Duct Sealing Form
- Air Source Heat Pump Installation Specification
- Columbia River PUD Heat Pump Project Application (PDF File, 115kb)
- Columbia River PUD Heat Pump Installation Requirements (PDF File, 107kb)
- Heat Pump Sizing Calculator (Excel File, 131kb)
- Rebate Designation Form (PDF File 192kb)