Download this information in Adobe pdf format.
Are you paying to heat your home or your crawl space? If your ducts are leaky, you might be doing both. Our duct sealing program can help you find and fix leaky ducts. If your duct are leaky, sealing them will cut energy waste, improve air quality, and lower your energy bills, and you can earn a PUD rebate for the project.
- All PUD customers with forced air electric furnaces or heat pump systems are eligible.
- Your home may be a site-built dwelling or a manufactured home.
- Duct sealing projects that are completed by a Performance Tested Comfort Systems (PTCS) Certified Residential Air Distribution Systems Technician will qualify for this rebate.
About Duct Sealing
Your air ducts are one of the most important systems in your home, and if the ducts are poorly sealed they are likely to leak. In homes with forced-air heating and cooling systems, ducts are used to distribute conditioned air throughout the house. In a typical home, however, about 20 to 30 percent of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes and poorly connected ducts.
Duct Sealing Incentives
Quality Assurance - PTCS technicians have been trained to identify duct system problems and ways to fix them.
- Manufactured Homes - we offer a $200 rebate to customers who have their duct systems sealed and certified by a PTCS Certified Technician.
- Site Built Homes- we offer a $250 rebate to customers who have their duct systems sealed and certified by a PTCS Certified Technician.
Step By Step: Duct Sealing
- Have Your Ducts Inspected - Contact us at (503) 366-5470 or email@example.com to arrange for a home consultation. We will inspect your ducts and tell you if sealing them might be helpful.
- Get Quotes - If the system needs to be sealed, contact a PTCS certified contractors for price quotes. For a list of local duct sealing contractors, visit www.crpud.net/contractors.
- Complete the Work - Select a contractor and authorize them to perform the work.
- Have a Follow-Up Visit - When the work is done, the contractor will submit documentation to us for approval. We will contact you to arrange for a quality assurance visit.
- Receive Your Rebate - We will process your rebate within three weeks of completing the quality assurance visit and receiving all the required paperwork.